Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dinner with Santa

Well tonight Colby's school, The Lighthouse, had "Dinner with Santa." I helped organize it and was pleased with the outcome. I guess my only disappointment is when people tell you they are going to do something and they don't. It really irritates me. If I tell you that I am going to do something, I follow through. Hopefully both of you kids will be like your Daddy and me and follow through too. :)

Anyways, it was a great evening. What I found so funny was that Colby saw Mr. Thurman dressing up as Santa and whispered to me in the hall, "That man isn't Santa...I saw him dressing in Ms. Charlotte's room." LOL!! Granted, I had to threaten Colby not to tell anyone else because he wanted to go tell everyone that he was a "fake Santa." LOL Well, he took heed to the warning because he didn't tell Bailey. She went up to Santa several times to tell him everything that she wanted. It was so cute to watch! Let's see so far she wants a Nintendo DS, a puppy, a TV in her room, and now a pet reindeer. LOL!! Daddy and I have already told her that if Santa brings a TV that it will be returned because she will not have one in her room. She can't have a puppy because we have Sierra and we won't get another pet until Sierra passes. We had to explain to her tonight that she can't have a reindeer because of the climate here. I loved watching the excitement on her face when she was talking to Santa Claus. She was amazed when he suggested that maybe she would get a history game for her DS. LOL...Mr. Thurman's daughter, Lisa, is a student of mine. Her eyes got so wide and she told him that I taught history. I'm going to miss these days when they are gone.

Colby sang "Feliz Navidad" and "Silent Night" tonight with his class. It was so funny to hear him sing it over the past few weeks. He slaughtered the Spanish but he tried so hard to get it. What's really funny is that when he got up on the stage tonight, he was more interested in watching everyone else on stage sing it rather than him actually sing along with them. Let's see...for Christmas, Colby has told us that he would like a Nintendo DS, a TV in his room, and some Hot Wheels toys. I wonder who he has been talking to about his Christmas wish list?? LOL

Well, off to bed to go. I'm exhausted after helping with the dinner tonight. I was really pleased with how it turned out. I hope the parents were too. :)

No comments: