Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

Well, I think we have recovered from Christmas day now.  :)  What a great Christmas this was!  We started off going to the Christmas Eve service at church.  Nanatino and Paw Paw went with us.  Ma Maw Moffitt didn't feel like she was strong enough to make it out that long.  :(  She is still recovering from her leg surgery when they removed a calcium deposit that was causing her a lot of pain.  The church service was wonderful!  Anthony Evans gave a mini-concert and I loved his song "Emmanuel".  Bailey loved it too.  He wrote this song and he was telling us about it and I loved the message.  God is with us no matter what.  He will never leave us so when you feel alone, you are NOT.  Just look to God for your comfort because He has His arms wide open for you.  Wow...to think that God gave us the greatest present, his Son.  It is the one present that doesn't expire, you don't get sick of, and it doesn't age.  It may go out of style in the world's eyes, but He is there with you through thick and thin.  I can't think of any better gift that will last you a lifetime and can shared with others!

After the service, we came home and watched "The Christmas Story" and "The Santa Claus".  When we went to track Santa online and saw that he was just coming into North America, both of you kids flew upstairs to make sure that he didn't pass us by.  It was too cute!

On Christmas morning, Bailey wanted to sleep late as usual.  I still can't figure out why Colby won't sleep late!  He is like clock work.  Every morning he wakes at 6:30!  UGH!  Paw Paw went to wake up Bailey around 7 am and as both kids came down, Colby commented that he didn't think that Santa had come.  It was because all of his gifts to them had been covered up.  Santa left them a letter explaining that he wanted them to celebrate the real reason for the day....Jesus.  Daddy read the story of Jesus' birth from Luke 2 after Bailey had read a book given to her by the church last night.  On a side note, her reading has really improved.  I'm so happy for that gift this year!  After we talked about how we wouldn't have a Christmas without Jesus, the kids uncovered their Santa gifts and were very excited!  I think they were both happy with what they got.  The main gift for both was the Nintendo DS.  This year was the year of games.  They got board games, Wii games, DS games, and card games.  Bailey was also amazed that Santa knew exactly what American Girl outfit that she wanted for her doll, Sara!;)  Colby was also so happy to get a bat for his upcoming baseball season.  After checking out what Santa gave them, the kids opened their gifts from everyone else.  It was amazing to see what they thought of their gifts.  Colby was excited to get some new camoflage luggage from my parents and Bailey was hugging her new bedspread from them.  I love that they can appreciate the gifts they get, even if they are not toys. :)  It warmed my heart.  I was also touched when Colby hugged Bailey for his gift from her.  They both were so happy to see their gifts from each other.  Colby gave Bailey a sand art project and Bailey gave Colby some Lightning McQueen card games.  Colby had complained last week that Bailey had given him a small gift and that he didn't like them.  We told him that sometimes the best gifts are the smallest and I think he would agree now.

Daddy was happy with what he got.  He got a showerhead and mp3 player from me.  My parents gave him a hedger, a new bait, and a digital photo frame.  Johnny really did a really good job with my presents this year.  I got a steam cleaner and a huge picture for over the fire place.  He says that I got obsessive with the steam cleaner on Christmas day but boy, that thing cleaned the tile grout like you wouldn't believe!  I was amazed and wanted to keep going.  I will admit, it was very addicting!!  My parents gave me some new couch pillows (made by Nanatino...she's great), a laptop desk, a steam mop, and some head wrap towels.  They were some great gifts!  Can you tell that steam cleaning was a theme in my gifts?  LOL  I think this is the best Christmas I have had in a long time!

We gave Mom and Dad a customized photo album of our Disney trip this year.  They loved it.  Paw Paw was looking through it and saying that we need to go back because the pictures made him want to go back.  It warms my heart to do that for them because I know that they treasure those memories and that my kids do as well!

Ma Maw got a cool looking outfit from Nanatino and Paw Paw.  She looked hip when she tried it on!  We are donating some money to my uncle's ministry on her behalf.  At this age, she always says that she doesn't need anything and so I think that she loves the idea that rather than spending on her, that it is given to spread the Word of God to others.

After we opened our gifts, Johnny cooked us a great lunch.  We had stead, baked potatoes, baked beans, corn on the cob, and salad.  We topped it off with the desserts of pecan pie and chocolate cake.  The kids spent the rest of the day playing their various DS and Wii games while I was playing with my steam mop and steam machine.

What a blessed Christmas we had!  God really provided for us this year.  I was able to buy all of the Christmas gifts with cash which was a first!  It felt so good not to use credit cards!!  God provided us with an income from Australia during an usually rough time during the year, especially considering that we are in the midst of a bad economy.  Thank you Lord for providing for our needs!

No comments: