Well, it's been a crazy couple of weeks since I last wrote. We celebrated a New Year when we went over to the Morgan's house and then had to leave early because it was cold and raining even though it wasn't forecasted to rain. Brrr....on that way home. It stopped by the time we got home so Daddy popped some firecrackers for us and they were so pretty. You both kept telling him what a great job he was doing. I love that about both of you. You are turning into encouragers and that is definitely a great quality!!
Since then, we have all returned to school. Bailey wasn't too excited about that, but as I have explained, that's how life goes. She keeps begging me to be homeschooled since a lot of her friends in the neighborhood are. I have explained that even though they don't go to an actual classroom three days a week, they still have to do school work those three days. We experimented with homeschooling last summer and she said that she didn't want me as a teacher after all. I told her that she wouldn't but she didn't believe me! LOL
This past week, I have started what I hope to be a daily tradition and one to be treasured and remembered. It is a devotional time at dinner. Every night we have been reading a story and a Bible verse that goes along with it and then discussing it. It has been a very enlightening experience. Bailey has been asking me so many questions. She has such a compassionate heart and I love that about her. We were talking about how the God says in Proverbs that a good name is better than any great riches. I was giving Bailey and Colby examples such as the story of my cousin Carl, who is now in prison. Bailey became upset because he was in prison and wanted to know why he was still there and she told me that she wanted to meet him. She seemed to miss the point, but I love that she was concerned about him. Anyways, we have been having good discussions about it and learning some Bible verses. My goal is for the kids to understand the Bible verses. As a kid, I memorized tons of Bible verses every week, but I didn't get what they meant. They were just a bunch of words that I had to memorize for a grade. I don't want my kids to feel like that. I want them to understand and treasure the words in their hearts. I thought it was so sweet last night when Bailey asked if we were going to do the devotional and I told her that we weren't going to do one, she said that we needed to two Bible verses (devotionals) to make up for not doing it one night. I hope she continues like that!
Johnny has started the boat show and we are hoping that it will be a successful one this year and that the economy will improve greatly over the next several months. God has been so good to provide for us with the addition of the Australian boat sales.
Well, I must go. I've got two crazy little kids to bathe, feed, and send off to bed! I love you both very much and feel so grateful that God blessed me with the opportunity to be your mother.
PS...By the way, I'm impressed here lately because Bailey is trying new foods. Thank God you won't take after me in that department. You both tried zucchini nut bread tonight and loved it! I would have never done that! I am doing something right! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment