Monday, December 14, 2009

Ice Skating for the First Time

Today we got Bailey out of school a little early so that we could go ice skating before it got too crowded.  We went to the ice rink in the Woodlands.  It was the first time for me to go there as well.  I have to tell you that I was impressed by how it was set up!  We lucked out because it was buy one, get one free day.  Woohoo!! :)  I also rented a walker for both of you to use.  When you both went out on the ice, I have to tell you, Daddy and I were cracking up!!  Colby looked like he didn't know how to walk, even with the walker.  His legs were going everywhere as if he were crippled.  Bailey was hanging on tightly to her Daddy!  Colby did eventually get the hang of the walker but all he did was literally run around the rink.  He never seemed to understand the concept of gliding his feet on the ice.  It was too funny!  He did this for two hours so I'm hoping that he will sleep past 6:30 (his usual wake up time) in the morning.

Bailey really impressed both of us!  Although she was upset because she couldn't skate like more experienced people, she was determined to learn how to go around the rink without holding onto the wall (or holding on to it as little as possible).  We were amazed at how quickly she was picking it up.  By the end, she was getting really good at skating around the rink.  She loved it!  And I loved her determination to succeed.  I was so proud when after she took a pretty bad fall, she took a minute to cry but then got back out there on the ice.  She told us that she would like to have an ice skating birthday party.  I told her that I already had plans for her birthday party this year.  I am planning on surprising her by taking her to the American Girl Place in Dallas with possibly Nanatino and maybe Bianca or Kaylor with their moms.  After I told her that I had plans already, she told me that it would be okay for her 9th birthday party then.  How funny!!  I know that she will hold me to it. 

Well, off to bed I go.  I just got through with our Christmas cards.  Goodnight my beautiful children!

No comments: