Monday, November 30, 2009

Time for Thanks

Today is a day of thanks. I have so much to be thankful for including my wonderful husband, Johnny. I have also been blessed with two incredible children. Bailey, you are a mini-me. I see so much of you in me. I am thankful for each day that you are in my life. You have taught me how to be selfless. Although sometimes I seem overbearing and mean, I love you with all my heart and nothing will ever make me stop. Colby, I love you too. You are my little boy and always will be although you don't want to be. You keep telling me that you are my "big boy." I keep thinking that I don't think I will ever be able to share you with another girl one day. I never understood the bond between a mother and son but since you have come into my life, I GET IT!! You have taught me that a smile can go a long way an brighten one's day.

I am also thankful for my family. It's not everyday now that you see parents stay married. My parents have been married for forty years and I've seen them go through some really happy times and then some really devastating times. They have taught me so much. They taught me about Christ, they showed me unconditional love, and they showed me how to live as an example. I was also fortunate and blessed to have all of my grandparents around in my life.

Today we spent the day at the ranch with the Shilling family. It was a great, beautiful day that was a bit chilly. Colby was a bit cranky. I think he was that way because he has been staying up a bit late since last week.

I miss being with my family. We found out yesterday that Ma Maw Moffitt was not going to be discharged from the hospital. I hated leaving my mom while she was crying. This is going to be the first Thanksgiving that she was not going to be there. I talked to Mom today and she said that they were going to go up to the hospital later and bring her a Thanksgiving meal. I sure hope that someone can find out what is causing the pain in her leg and then fix it.

I love you both very much and look forward to spending many more Thanksgivings with you.


 


 


 

No comments: