Wow! I think I know what my New Year's Resolution needs to be now. I can't believe that I haven't written in here since then. So much has happened and it is a shame that I haven't written about it in here. Let's see if I can sum it up.
We tried our hand at picking blueberries in July. It was late in the evening to escape the heat. We all actually enjoyed it. Bailey and Colby were amazed at just how many blueberries there were!
Colby started Kindergarten in August, just a few short weeks after he and Bailey shared a birthday party at the neighborhood pool. It was a lot of fun with a few friends. The first day of school was a bit sad for me but a joyous occasion as well. I was sad because my little buddy wouldn't get to snuggle with me anymore. :( He is just such a great snuggler! I can't believe that Bailey is now in third grade. My how the time has flown with her. She is turning into such a great young lady. I love getting compliments on her from other mothers! Obviously, I am doing something right even though I keep questioning myself.
In September, we got to attend the UT game. They played in Houston so we joined Chad, Julie, Aidan and Tristan (who stayed with a babysitter) along with Julie's family at the game. It was so great to see the team play and we had fantastic seats thanks to Julie's brother-in-law, Greg! It was like a sea of orange in the Reliant Stadium! We also got to go to an Astros game. The kids seemed to enjoy it and my parents went along which they loved as well!
We also went camping at Lake Austin for the first time ever. Darryl Moore was nice enough to loan us his RV bus. It was just the four of us up at the lake and I wouldn't have had it any other way! The kids loved playing in the water, although rather chilly. They enjoyed tubing and riding along the river. Johnny's dad visited one day since he was nearby in Kerrville visiting his ailing aunt. We went to the beginning of Lake Austin (at the bottom of Lake Travis) and Johnny's dad told Bailey and Colby to jump in. He purposely didn't tell them that the water was much more frigid than it was where we were camping. Somehow the kids figured that out before jumping in. They slowly got in and it didn't seem to bother them that much. They had a blast and hope that we can make a tradition of camping there every year.
In October, we visited with my parents and the kids got to play around in the dirt pile with their cousin, Emily. They had so much fun and I don't think I have ever seen so much dirt and dust in the air or on their clothes and in their hair as during this visit. October also brought on Halloween. At school, they had character day to celebrate Halloween. Bailey went as Queen Lucy from the Chronicles of Narnia and Colby went as a ball player. For Halloween night, Bailey went as Princess Leia and Colby went as a Jedi, both from Stat Wars. I did my best to replicate Princess Leia's hair but God just didn't give me the talent to do hair but I did the best that I could and Bailey was happy with it, thankfully! Nanatino was also nice enough to make Bailey's costume since I couldn't find a Princess Leia costume anywhere.
In November, we celebrated Thanksgiving with the Latinos. It wasn't a formal occasion which is fine by me! It was just Johnny, me, Bailey and Colby along with Nanatino, Paw Paw, and Ma Maw Moffitt.
In December, we celebrated Johnny's 40th birthday. He was so surprised with his gift to the Daytona 500 trip. It was a moment that I will never forget. The expression on his face was priceless and well worth the two year secret that I kept! He was also surprised to find out that I had planned a birthday party in his honor as well. I pulled off both without him having a clue! I don't know if I will ever have that kind of success again! On Christmas Eve, we attended the service at church and it was a nice reminder on why we celebrated the holiday. On Christmas morning, we spent the morning together as a family, just the four of us. Santa brought some great gifts for the kids and Johnny. As soon as we finished opening our gifts, we headed out to the ranch to spend the day with Nana Shilling and Pops and all the cousins and aunts and uncles and Great Grandmother Mae.
A few days after Christmas, we hosted the Latino Christmas get together at our house. Nanatino, Paw Paw, Emily along with Chad, Julie, Aidan and Tristan came and we all exchanged our gifts and took our family picture. It's just not the same without Kevin there. I miss him so much and wish he was here to see what a beautiful daughter he has in Emily. She is full of love to share with everyone, just like him.
Well, I think I caught up on what has happened over the last several months. I plan to come back here once a month to keep tabs on everything. :) Here's to not breaking the resolution! ;)














No comments:
Post a Comment