Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year - 2009

Well, today just ended. It passed by rather slowly. For New Year's Eve, we went to a neighbor's house (Jim and Angie) for a party. Bailey was tired by 8:30 so I came home with her and she was out by 9:30. Colby, however, stayed at the party with Daddy. They didn't make it home until 1am. Colby just strolled in. I was shocked! I thought for sure that Daddy would be carrying him in passed out in his arms. When I asked Colby if he had fun and was tired, he responded that he had fun and was not the least bit tired. He enjoyed playing with the neighborhood kids. I am just amazed that he could stay up that long. I joked with Daddy that if he woke up at 6:30am like he usually does, I was going to be mad because I was tired. :) Well, Bailey slept until 7:30. Colby set a new "sleep late" record of 9am!!! I don't think he has ever slept that late.

Bailey and Colby helped Daddy take down the Christmas lights outside and then played with some of the toys that they received for Christmas. I tried to do some grocery shopping by myself since today was the last day before Daddy starts working the boat show. I typically refer to this as my "single mom" period every year. Daddy is always busy between January through March starting with the boat show and then delivering the boats, and by the time that is done, the rodeo starts. Anyways, he ended up going hunting this afternoon with some neighbors while we all took a nice nap. I just didn't quite think that Colby would take a 5 hour nap from 1:30-6:30 and Bailey would take a 3 hour nap. I don't think we will be taking a nap tomorrow! LOL Surprisingly, both of you went to bed at 10pm tonight without fussing. I thought for sure you wouldn't be tired but you both fell asleep with no problems! I am praying that you won't be up in the next few hours since I am still awake. LOL

Tonight was fun though. After you both woke up, it was time for dinner which Daddy cooked. It was delicious tacos with rice and beans. After we ate, we had a family Wii night. We played boxing, bowling, tennis and golf and tried out Colby's new Monster truck game. I really enjoyed watching you both play and have fun!

Now for a quick history lesson....(I feel obliged since that is my field of interest.) This year history will be made. In about 3 weeks, the first African American male will become President of the United States. What a milestone! I find it very odd, I have to tell you. I guess you are engrained with a certain way and then something out of the ordinary and leaves a permanent mark and it just strikes you as odd. I know that probably doesn't make sense but let me see if I can explain. If you look at all of the former Presidents of the United States....you will notice that they are all white males and have what some people would consider, strong male names such as William, George, Franklin, John, Theodore. Now, history is being made because the new President will be African American and his name is Muslim in background. His name is Barack Obama. I am very interested to see what kind of presidency he will have. I did not vote for him because I personally believe that he told people want they wanted to hear in terms of getting us out of the economic recession/depression we are going through and getting us out of Iraq. Granted, I didn't believe everything John McCain said but I agreed with him more and so he got my vote. Obama says that he isn't going to raise taxes but I believe that he has no choice because for some reason, the government is bailing out a bunch of businesses that made very poor choices. I think they should have been left alone to fail. That is how capitalism is supposed to work. It makes me a bit concerned that the government is going to be part owner of some of the businesses. That is the beginning description of socialism which a lot of people are worried about at this time. It think it is justified. Anyways, history is definitely going to be made and I am interested to see what the verdict will be on it. I am praying for the best. I know that God had His hand in this and there is a purpose for Obama being elected. I just have to trust Him and have faith that every thing works for the glory of God, even when it doesn't appear to be.

By the way, Bailey lost her second top front tooth today! She lost the first one of Colby's birthday this year (which the permanent tooth still hasn't come in) and now the second one on New Year's Day! I wonder if I will remember that later on. :)

I love you both dearly. As Colby told me today when I asked the usual "Do you know what?" He already knew that I was going to say "I love you." I love telling you both that everyday. I want you to know that you are loved because even though you may not feel like it when you are being punished, I am doing it for that exact reason.

Okay, off to bed I go so I can get some sleep before Colby wakes me up. :)

I love you!

No comments: