Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

Well, we got to the Shillings ranch on midday Christmas Eve. All of the Shilling cousins were there along with Mae and Uncle Mark and Aunt Michelle. Later that evening we went caroling across the street. It was a clear and crisp night. The sky was so beautiful. It's amazing because 100 years ago, you could look up in the sky and know that you were totally looking at stars. There would have been nothing else in the sky. We got to see numerous planes and had to guess whether some were planes or not. After our caroling adventure, all of the Shilling grandkids wanted Pops to take us on a ride throughout the property. Nana got Pops to stop on part of the property and we all gazed up at the sky and marveled in what God has created. I love looking up in the sky. I don't know if there is anything more awesome to look at. It is a great reminder that we are just a speck in God's universe, yet He loved us enough to send His son to save us.

Before you both went to bed, Bailey wrote a letter to Santa Claus. She had written one prior to leaving our house. She wanted to make Santa aware that we were going to be at the ranch and she wanted to know if Rudolph was true. In her note at the ranch to Santa, she added the questions of when God and Santa's birthdays are. I had a rough night so I was awake by 6am. Nana Shilling caught me reading a book in the kitchen while I waited for you kids to wake up. Colby woke first around 7am. Both of you eventually allowed in the den to see what Santa had brought you. You were so blessed this year! There are so many kids out there that received nothing, not even a kind word. You received wonderful gifts from Santa and your grandparents and parents. Once your cousins had seen their gifts from Santa, we all gathered together to open our gifts to one another. You were both so excited to see what you received. You got some wonderful gifts such as the Leapster and the American Girl doll. Later, we ate lunch and then you kids tried out the zip line that Nana and Pops bought for the ranch. Bailey, I am so proud of you for riding a horse all by yourself. You constantly amaze me with you can do by yourself. You are growing up too fast for me! Colby, you amaze me with your fearlessness! You had no qualms about going down the zip line. You just knew it would be fun!

The day after Christmas, I took you both to my parents house for our Christmas with my side of the family. We finally got to meet Tristan Kenneth Latino. He is such a cutie. You both love him so much. You both couldn't stop kissing him and you both wanted to hold him. Bailey, you are such the mothering type. It seems to come naturally for you. I think you will be a fantastic mother one day. I pray that I will guide you in the right direction and that you are blessed with a wonderful husband that will father your children.

We opened gifts that afternoon after Emily arrived. It was so great to see you enjoy your Christmas holidays with your cousins. I realized about a month ago that I will probably never get to have Christmas again with my cousins and that makes me sad. The Moffitt side is a bit difficult since we all live in different states. I hope that we can be reunited in the next few years. I know that that would thrill Ma Maw Moffitt. Although it would be easier to have a Christmas with the Latino side, it is a long story of why that won't happen. Let me just say that family is the most important thing next to your relationship with God. Your family should stick by you no matter what happens in life. That is the one relationship, besides God, that you should be able to count on. Maybe when you are older I will explain what happened. I am interested to see how that story unfolds. Back to our Christmas with my family, we all received such wonderful and thoughtful gifts from each other. What I most enjoyed was spending time with my brother and his family. We don't get to see them much so I relish the time we can all spend together. Aidan and Colby get along well but Aunt Julie says that she bets Aidan and Colby will duke it out one day. If that does happen, I know that Colby will pummel Aidan. LOL!! Uncle Chad laughed a lot at Colby and said he wasn't very coordinated yet and cracked up because Colby would constantly be falling over or down. I never realized that until he mentioned it. Today alone, he fell out of the chair when getting up from the table and then rolled off the bed tonight. Too funny! Uncle Chad said that Colby was his favorite nephew and that he thinks Colby is hilarious. I think he is right! :)

Well, Uncle Chad and Aunt Julie, Aidan and Tristan left today (12/29). I thought we would leave tomorrow but I think we will leave on Wednesday. I love being at Nana and Paw Paw's house. You guys love it too because they have such a big yard and long drive way. You played outside all day today. I love that! I would much rather that you did that then sit in front of the TV! I wish you would do that more at home. :)

Well, it is time to go to bed. I love you both very much! I hope you will never forget that!

No comments: