Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This Crazy Winter!!!

Well, I have to say that this has been the craziest winter that I can remember.  It snowed on us in December 3rd, I believe.  It didn't stick to the ground but it was amazing to see large snowflakes in the air.  It did stick to the roof of your playhouse/swingset outside, but other than that, it wasn't anything big.  Well, here it is at the end of February and it is forecasted to snow again today.  Supposedly we could see 1 to 3 inches of snow in Montgomery County.  I don't know how that will pan out for good old Magnolia since we are close to the Harris/Montgomery County line but I am praying that it does and it will stick so that you both can see accummulated snow on the ground and have fun with it!  It's funny because all I have heard over the past several years is how there is "global warming" going on in the world and that all the ice is melting and that the world map was going to change and water levels increase from the global warming yet here we are in February, when typically we are done with winter and enjoying 70 degree weather, and here it is cold and rainy.  It has been the most depressing winter in terms of weather that I can remember.  Every couple of days, we may get a glimpse of that beautiful sun, but the majority of the week is dedicated to gloomy, cloudy, cold weather.  Yuck!!  Can you tell that I am ready for some better weather????  :)

In other news ;), Colby lost his first tooth a week ago yesterday.  Daddy and I didn't even know he had a loose tooth until he told us at the dinner table that he had a loose tooth.  Daddy was able to convince him to let him get it out.  After some crying, Mr. Colby lost his first tooth.  My baby boy is growing up too fast!  He informed me yesterday that he already has another loose tooth, right next to the one that he lost.  Man, he is keeping the tooth fairy rather busy!  He was so excited to put his tooth under the pillow to see what the tooth fairy would bring him.  He was so excited to get 65 cents.  I guess the question is right now is where did he put the money??  LOL

No comments: